Be Kind and Do GoodMay 28, 2018
Neighborhood Resources in West DenverJune 2, 2018
If a cleanup around your home or neighborhood is on your spring to-do list, then you won’t want to miss out on the opportunity to participate in this year’s Great Denver Cleanup. This one-day event is a great opportunity to recycle, compost and dispose of unwanted materials from your home and yard, and from around your neighborhood. Just bring your unwanted items to one of four FREE drop-off sites located around Denver on Saturday, June 9th from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
|The following items are accepted at this one-day event, but must be sorted by type and kept separate from trash to ensure that they can be properly recycled or composted:
- Yard Debris – Includes clean material such as brush, branches, stumps and leaves.
- Large Rigid Plastics- Includes items such as laundry baskets, large toys, play centers, kid pools, lawn furniture, 5-gallon buckets and old plastic storage tubs. (Note: Large rigid plastics are not accepted in your Denver Recycles purple cart, as they are too large for the normal collection and sorting process. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to recycle your large rigid plastics, for free, at this event).
- Appliances – Includes items such as water heaters, dishwashers, microwaves, refrigerators.
- Furniture and Mattresses – These items are accepted in any condition.
- Clothing and Shoes – These items are accepted in any condition.
- Cardboard – Cardboard must be flattened. (Note: Flattened cardboard is always accepted in Denver Recycles’ purple carts and at the Cherry Creek Recycling Drop-off).
- Only at the Central Platte Site: Large Pieces of Glass — Only glass windows, table tops, and shower doors are accepted at this event. (Note: Regular glass bottles and jars are always accepted in Denver Recycles’ purple carts and at the Cherry Creek Recycling Drop-off. Large pieces of glass, such as the materials accepted at this event (windows, table tops, shower doors, etc.), are not accepted in the Denver Recycles’ purple carts).
Materials NOT accepted at this event:
- NO electronics – no TV’s, no computers, etc.
- NO batteries
- NO tires
- NO household hazardous waste – paint, chemicals, etc.
- NO building materials, construction material, material from commercial landscapers
The FREE Great Denver Cleanup drop-off sites are as follows:
- North High School (Northwest) 2960 N Speer Blvd, Denver, CO 80211
- PW Roslyn Campus (Northeast) 5440 Roslyn St, Denver, CO 80216
- PW Central Platte Campus (Southwest) 1271 W Bayaud Ave, Denver, CO 80223
- PW Cherry Creek Transfer Station (Southeast) 7301 E Jewell Ave, Denver, CO 80231
The Great Denver Cleanup is a one-day event organized by Keep Denver Beautiful, a program of Denver Public Works/Solid Waste Management. For additional information about the Great Denver Cleanup event and other Keep Denver Beautiful programs, visit DenverGov.org/KDB or call 311 (720-913-1311).