Be a good neighbor and take responsibility for your trash, recycle and compost carts. Your neighbors will thank you and your actions will help keep the alleys around your home clean and litter free.
Remember to set your trash, recycle, and compost carts out no earlier than the evening before collection or by 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day. Then, just return all carts back on to your property after collection occurs, preferably with 24 hours after collection. Between collections days, all carts must be stored on your property. If you have storage issues at your home, smaller carts are available upon request. Call 311 (720-913-1311) to request your smaller cart today.
KEEPING CARTS OUT OF THE ALLEY AND OFF THE STREETS HELPS TO:
1) Ensure that each neighbor has access to the public right-of-way.
2) Improve the appearance of alleys and streets.
3) Prevent cart loss or damage from misuse or vandalism.
4) Minimize contamination in recycling and compost.
5) Reduce litter and the potential for illegal dumping.
6) Discourage waste scavengers in your neighborhood.
It is your responsibility to manage and care for your city-issued carts. Take pride in your neighborhood and always remember to “cart it back” and store carts on your property between collections.
For more information about trash, recycling and compost services offered at your home, visit www.DenverGov.org/TrashandRecycling. If you need help keeping your alley free of carts on non-collection day, call 311 (720-913-1311) and ask for Solid Waste Management.