New to Denver and Going ExtremeAugust 31, 2018
September Extreme Endeavors: Volunteers from Around the WorldSeptember 7, 2018
Art is in the Air
Call for Creatives: Be Kind. Do Good.
- This event is an annual fundraiser focused on community, connection, and creativity. Extreme Community Makeover is a non-profit organization that works to better the communities of Denver by way of exterior restoration projects completed by volunteers from all walks of life. These projects can range from planting community gardens to cleaning alley ways to painting a resident’s home to so much more. Our mission stands to exhibit a tangible expression of what it means to be a good neighbor in our communities through positive outcomes that we can accomplish when we collaborate as a community. Our theme this year is Be Kind. Do Good. What does it look like for an individual to choose to be kind to one another and to do good unto one another? We are calling out to all creatives in this beautiful city of Denver to ask themselves that same question- what does it look like to be kind and do good?- and give us their tangible expression of their answer through art.
Submission Deadline: Thursday, October 25, 2018
- All creatives are welcomed and encouraged to create for this event
- All mediums are welcomed and encouraged to submit for this event
- Event Date: Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Event Location: The Studios at Overland Crossing (2205 South Delaware Street in Denver)
- This is a community inclusive event which welcomes artistic expression from any and all creatives. All mediums are welcome. All creatives, professional or amateur, are encouraged to submit their works. However, all works will be screened by a small panel to assess applicability and quality of work. Please note that depending on the number of submissions received, not all works will be selected for display at this event. Selected creatives will be notified during the timeline created.*All works selected will be entered and eligible to be sold during the silent auction.
**All selected creatives will receive two complimentary tickets to attend the event, as well as a marketing platform to display business cards and information.
Please read and follow all instructions.
All creatives are welcome to submit hanging or 3D works via email for consideration. There is no application fee for entry. All mediums are welcome and encouraged. All artwork must be ready for display. Accepted art needs to reflect the original submitted image.
- Submit your work via email to the following address: email@example.com
- Email subject heading reads: “Submission: Be Kind. Do Good. First Name, Last Name”
- In the body of the email include: Your full name, email address, telephone number, and a website url (if applicable)
- Images in .jpg format, maximum file size of 2.0 MB per image
- .Jpg file Name Must be read: First Name, Last Name_Name of Work
- You must list the Title/Medium/Dimensions/Price and Weight for the work submitted in the body of the email
- Submission Deadline: Thursday, October 25, 2018
- Notifications: Selected creatives will be notified October 29-30, 2018
- Art Drop-Off: All accepted works must be dropped off at the Extreme Community Makeover office (4200 Morrison Road, Unit 3, Denver, 80219), ready to hang or display, by Friday, November 2, 2018
- Event Date: November 8, 2018 from 7:00pm-9:30pm
- Art Pick-Up: Works NOT sold at the event MUST be picked up the week of November 12. Any artwork left at the office after this date will be donated to members of the ECM network.
Thank you for thinking of what it means to Be Kind and Do Good and share your reflections through art!